I am so excited to announce this! I’ve been nominated for the Beauty Blogger Award!! I’d like to give a big thank you to LearningBeaut who nominated me, and if you haven’t checked out her blog, please do so! Anything and everything beauty related can be found on her site ❤
Cheesin’ hard because I’m feeling the love!
Here are the rules:
- Tag the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
- Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Inform the blogger you chose that you nominated them.
Questions Given To Me:
- Do you use more high-end or drugstore products?
Drug store beauty queen is the name of my game! This is because I think drug store brands have really been stepping their game up in product quality, but also because I am a college student and it’s hard to afford higher end products on my small salary. I only have a small selection of higher end beauty products, most of which I received as gifts.
- What does your everyday makeup look consist of?
When I am not dancing (because in dance class I only wear concealer under my eyes and mascara), I wear Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous liquid and pressed powder foundation, Wet & Wild bronzer, e.l.f. eyelid primer, e.l.f. fill and lift eyebrow stick, and a mix of different brands of eyeshadows! Mostly ColourPop, the Balm, Profusion, or e.l.f. Then I finish my look with L’Oreal Voluminous mascaras!
- Are you into beauty trends? If so what was your favorite trend of last year?
I wouldn’t say I’m into them, but I definitely pay attention to what’s new! I really enjoyed the 90’s lip color trend that was popular this fall, and the balayage ombre hair trend.
- What are your hopes for the beauty world in 2016?
In 2016, I hope to see more cruelty-free brands taking center-stage. I also hope to see the growing ultra-matte lip trend grow bigger because I love matte lipsticks. Finally, I want to continue to see companies promote their eye shadows! I cannot get enough eyeshadow, and I love finding new brands.
- What is one of your favorite midnight snack?
I usually don’t have one, however, I really enjoy cheesy snacks (Cheez-Its, Goldfish, cheesy popcorn, etc.). Anything cheesy and I’m down!
- Favorite book?
The Great Gatsby ❤ It is such a classic and tragic love story. In a weird way, I feel like I can relate to Jay Gatsby’s character on some levels! He’s a hopeless romantic, and I am too!
- Strobing or contour?
I’d have to say contour. I really enjoy contouring with bronzer or this contour palette I have – it makes my face makeup look great! I’ve never tried strobing, but I want to! I finally am getting the hang of applying this NYX highlighter I own, and I have a ColourPop highlighter coming in the mail, so I’m definitely down to try it!
- What is your favorite lip color to wear?
Recently, I have been wearing this mauvey pink e.l.f. moisturizing lipstick I love. It’s called Marsala Blush and it goes with everything I wear and every eye makeup color combo I use!
- What is your favorite makeup brand?
I’ve joined the ColourPop bandwagon in the last few months! My sister says I am obsessed, which is basically true. I also like e.l.f. and NYC cosmetics.
- Can you recommended two great products for us to try?
- ColourPop SuperShock Eyeshadow in DGAF (I LOVE this color!)
- Voluminous Miss Manga Rock mascara in Blackest Black
Here are my questions for you!
- What is the one beauty product you cannot live without?
- Why did you decide to start your blog?
- What beauty tools do you enjoy using? Do you have a favorite?
- Did you go to school for makeup or are you self-taught/use the internet for techniques?
- What is your favorite color?
- If you only had to use 5 beauty items for the rest of your life, what would you use?
- If you could collaborate and make your own eye shadow palette with any makeup company, which company would you use and why?
- Are you pursuing a college degree? What’s your major?
- What is the top reason you love WordPress?
- Can you recommend two beauty products for us to try?
Thank you all for the love and support you constantly give JLoF, and please check out my nominee’s blogs as well!
Much love to all of you! xoxo